Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Homemade Guacamole


I am a guac freak! Every restaurant I go to, I am constantly ordering guacamole or avocado on my meal. I will happily pay 50 cents extra for the rest of my life if it means getting to have this amazing condiment on my food...yes, for me, it is a condiment as much as mustard and ketchup.

Naturally, I had to come up with my own recipe for it. This is the freshest, easiest and quickest way to make guacamole for you and your friends...or just you. :)


For this recipe, you'll need a lemon, a lime, fresh cilantro, garlic, 2-3 avocados (depending on how much you want to make),  cumin, chili powder (if you like it spicy!) and a red onion.

Hint: do not, I repeat do not use cilantro flakes or lemon/lime juice already squeezed from the store. It will not taste the same. Everything should be fresh.


Core and spoon out you avocados into a large mixing bowl using a spoon.


Using a pairing knife or a food blender, chop your onion and garlic.


Add your onion, garlic, and lemon and lime juice to the mixture. Do not blend yet.


Add the Rotel, cumin and chili powder. Do not blend.


Add fresh chopped cilantro. You may now blend. Be careful not to mash the avocados too much, as the dip is much better with some chunky texture.


Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can Rotel
3 avocados
1/4 cup chopped onion
3-4 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (preference)
3 tbsp lime fresh-squeezed juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign