Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Home Tour



Dining Room

I have made quite a few changes to our dining room in the last few months and still plan to make more. We are renters currently and have been shopping for a house. We are looking for a craftsman-style home that has a few updates currently yet still needs work. I'm a huge fan of a challenge and want a home that I can really leave my mark on...but for now we are in a rental that does not allow much change - no painting, no switching out light fixtures or hardware = no fun. I have still managed to make our place homey, but instead of concentrating on the things I cannot change, I've decided to harness my energy into the thing that I can. 

Our dining room has been the main area of concentration lately. The table we are using currently is my soon-to-be father-in-law's. While I wish the finish was whiter and brighter, it works for us right now. Previously, we had an antique oriental rug in red. I HATED that rug. It made the entire room feel so dark, especially next to the deep wood finishes we have. I brightened the room with a seagrass rug from Ballard Designs I got on clearance. In addition to the rug, I decided to purchase two upholstered chairs to go on each end of the table to bring more light and a cozier feel to the room. 

You'll notice a few pieces in the after photo that are temporary - such as my magnolia garland and lemon cypress...I just started adding touches to the house for Christmas, but I'll have another update without them.

Before

After

Sources: Parsons Chairs / Sunburst Mirror - Home Goods - Similar / Lamps / Pillows / Wine cabinet / Rug


Before


After


Porch

This porch has been our favorite spot in our home since we moved in. Coming from having a tiny back patio at our townhouse, we really needed some furniture to fill our outdoor/indoor living area. Living in northern Georgia, there are only a few months out of the year that are actually enjoyable in this space, but when it's the right temperature out, you can find us sitting right here.


Den

My second favorite spot in the house is our den. White brick fireplace, great natural light and right off the kitchen, this is the perfect spot for entertaining our guests. It's been going through transitions over the last few months. This white couch paired with a jute rug we had made the room look much too beachy. We ditched the rug for a new beige one and added some antique bergere chairs to glam it up a bit. I will be flipping these chairs soon, but I am still hunting down the right fabric.



I found the painting above the fireplace at HomeGoods. The lamps are from Ballard Designs. My mirrored frame holding our engagement photo is from Target. All of the other items have been found at various estate sales and antique stores.


My mother gave us this gorgeous coffee table when they moved, and I was thrilled! I've loved it for years and it fit perfectly into this room. 





Bedroom

Our bedroom is soooooo cozy. Out of all the rooms to decorate, the bedroom was my favorite. I have an extensive Pinterest board of ideas, but they are all various versions of white and beige. I wanted to use a nice celadon green as a punch of color, and was ecstatic when I found our side lamps from Robert Abbey. The color was perfect for what I had in mind. It took two years to find the perfect fabric that matched, but eventually I stumbled on this quatrefoil celadon fabric and had these custom made. 



The side tables are from IKEA. I simply switched out the hardware and voila! You can find my tutorial here:




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign