Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

Master Bedroom Plans


{ Designer: Ella Lee Interiors / Pillows: Leontine Linens }

When we got married, we decided to upgrade our bed to a King. My husband is 6'4" and an ex-football player (he thick, okay?). Sharing a queen wasn't really working out, needless to say. I would wake up in the middle of the night with his elbow on my forehead and he would complain about me hogging all of the sheets. Anyone who is married to a tall man can relate. I had this fear that he was going to elbow me in the temple in the middle of my sleep and kill me. Is that normal? Call me a drama queen, but it was a fear that kept me waking up throughout the night. A queen just wasn't going to make the cut any longer.

Right in time...I had literally just completed decorating our bedroom before we decided to switch (go figure). So here I am, back at the drawing board. The good news is we now have a gorgeous and well-furnished guest room.

Thanksgiving at our house! 

(I'll be sharing our guest room reveal soon!!)


{ Designer: Munger Interiors / Pillows: Leontine Linens }


{Designer: Leta Austin Foster}


My style is fairly traditional, but I am working on modernizing it a bit. I've been switching out some of our dark wood furnishings with light and adding natural rugs to each room. One traditional look I just won't budge from is monogrammed pillows. I have always loved the way they look in a master. 

I'd say most women are with me when I say I stalk Leontine Linens' instagram feed with drool running down my face. Their work is beautiful! Linen provider to the stars are several well-kept southern homes, their appliqué embroidery is exquisite. I recently inquired about a pillow price, and let's just say that the pillows would be more than our new bed and headboard combined. 

I have been known to spend absurd amounts of money on silly home items, but these pillows are where I draw the line. I just can't justify upwards of a thousand dollars for a gorgeous piece of fabric that I know will shortly become soiled by dog hair and wine stains. 

On the hunt to find a similar and more practically priced option, I've been doing my research. Thank goodness for the talented and creative seamstresses on Etsy! I found several similar looks for a fraction of the price. 


We just received our custom headboard from Ballard Designs. I purchased the Bella Headboard from the Suzanne Kasler line in Linen French Blue. It is gorgeous. I was very apprehensive on choosing a blue headboard rather than a neutral color because I tend to change my mind with the wind. I started doing some research on Pinterest (follow me here) and found several beautiful rooms with blue headboards.   I decided blue could be a timeless choice and I went with it. I am so happy I did!

Here are my plans for our master bedroom:

As I purchase similar items, I will share with you how I accomplished this polished and upscale look for less. Stay tuned for our master reveal in the next few weeks!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign