Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Galentine's Day Party


When Galentine's Day first became a "thing", I fell in love with the idea! I am all about empowering women and spreading girl power, so what better way to celebrate the holiday of love and friendship than with your best gal pals? 


To celebrate the holiday, I wanted to use as much pink in my design as possible! I am such a girly-girl, and I love the color pink, but rarely get to use it in my home because I am married to the world's most masculine guy. I can at least get away with pink flowers and small details, but if I ever got one of those trendy pink turkish rugs, he would ask where the receipt was, because it wouldn't be staying long.

I couldn't wait to create a girly-themed party! 


While I love keeping things bubbly and cute for this girly holiday, I wanted the theme to feel elegant rather than look childish or cheesy. Below are my tips on how to accomplish your own feminine-themed party! 

To accomplish the look:


Ditch the idea of pink garlands, and swap it with a boxwood wreath or other greenery for balance. For added flavor and garnish, grab some fresh raspberries and toss them into glasses of rose' for a feminine touch. 

I love the look of small flowers frozen into ice cubes for the champagne bucket, but in an effort to keep costs down, swap the entire flower for petal cubes! They give you the pop of color you need without using tons of flowers.

Keep the heart shapes to a minimum. To accomplish a polished look, create a color scheme that creates a feminine and festive look rather than Valentine's Day themed decor. This will make your party more unique and less cheesy.

Less is more. By concentrating on quality over quantity, guests will be able to appreciate the individual pieces. Cluttered carts will look tacky and awkward, so ditch the excess and keep things simple.

Dress code? Encourage your friends to wear hues that compliment the theme!


Did you know Veueve has a brut rose'? It's absolutely delicious!


I always offer non-alcoholic beverages for guests who don't drink. Pink-colored carbonated beverages add the perfect feminine touch!


You can also layer additional petals over the top of the ice cubes for a pretty pink touch.


Placing a petal on the sides of each glass helps to tie in your flower arrangement and acts as a unique garnish for the drinks.


What would a Galentine's Day be without something covered in chocolate? Grab mini heart chocolate boxes to give out as party favors!

Let your guests build their own beverage. Offer berries and mint as options to add to their drinks.



I hope you enjoy this holiday with your best girl friends! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign