Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Galentine's Spa Day


Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away and what better way to spend the day of or day before with your best gal? I decided to put together a spa cart for me and my bestie to enjoy a day of fun and relaxation before we went to dinner with our husbands. 


I grabbed some clear glass jars from Target and filled them with plain epsom salt. I love to use essential oils to relax, so I infused each jar with a different scent for different purposes. In one, I mixed 2 tbsp of dried lavender I found at the grocery store, and a few drops of lavender essential oil for relaxation. A little bit goes a long way! In another, I blended in some pink Himalayan rock salt and lemongrass for energy and detoxification. In the last one, I blended in dried rose petals with jasmine and orange blossom for the yummiest smell you've ever smelled! You can easily dry rose petals at home by popping them in the microwave in between a paper towel for about 1-2 minutes and letting them sit out.


I purchased small glass jars to fill with bubble bath, because most of the bubble bath containers on the market look like they are for kids! I wanted to keep my spa cart looking elegant and stylish. I found the spa candle at HomeGoods, and it smells amazing! It smells just like a spa, and helped us to relax.



To celebrate Galentine's Day, my bestie and I put on our coziest robe, grabbed a bottle of rose', and started off with a clay mud mask. 

We decided to spend our spa day with facials, a hair mask, and aromatherapy. To create an instant steam room, we put the shower on high and lit the spa scented candle to allow the steam to open our pores and help with deep breathing. For an easy hair mask, you can use items found in your kitchen! Our hair has been dry from the weather so we used coconut oil as a hair mask.

Here are just a few of the benefits coconut oil has on your hair:
  • It gets rid of dandruff
  • Protects your hair from losing protein when you wash it (result: thicker, healthier hair)
  • It strengthens your hair with it's fatty acids (result: less split ends)
  • Gives your hair a gorgeous shine
Simply melt 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and massage the mask into your hair, concentrating on the ends of your hair more than your scalp. You can also add a few drops of an essential oil to help with repairing your hair problem. Cedarwood helps with dry scalp and dandruff, while peppermint helps if you have an oily scalp and/or hair loss. 

Leave the hair mask on for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. It may take a few washes to get all of the oil out of your hair, but I find using castile soap helps speed up the process. Some people use an egg wash, which is just as effective.



For our facials, we used a charcoal mask with aloe to start. There's a reason activated charcoal has been getting so much hype! It draws bacteria, chemicals, and dirt out of your skin and brings them to the surface, helping you fight acne and giving you a gorgeous glow!

After our face mask, we used a homemade exfoliant:
1/2 fresh lemon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil

This exfoliant is great for getting your glow on! Lemon juice brightens your skin and the olive oil helps restore moisture to dry skin from winter weather.

We followed with a light serum moisturizer and a warm, damp towel to open our pores and refresh our skin.


My skin was glowing after our spa day! Just in time for date night with my husband! Our Galentine's Spa Day was a success. We both agreed this is a must-have tradition for years to come. 

Do you have any DIY skin and hair recipes that you swear by? Let me know in the comments!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign