Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Patriotic Table Decor


Ahhhh Memorial Day. It feels like the unofficial first day of summer. Usually my husband and I go to the lake or the beach for the three day weekend, but we have been traveling so much recently I needed some time at home. 

I am a sucker for holidays because it's a great excuse to host friends and decorate the house! This year I decided to spend the holiday out on our porch. I recently slapped a new coat of paint on it to brighten it for the summer. It was so drab before...the dark red floor and brown siding made the area feel like a cave. Ever since we (I) painted it, its been so bright and airy. 



Rather than using cheesy decor covered in stars and stripes and super bright colors, I decided on soft pops of patriotic colors. I wanted to add at least one element of the flag, so I decided on red and white striped napkins. I found a full set of these hand-blown blue goblets at HomeGoods (shocking, am I right??). I love adding gold accents to almost all of my home because reflective elements add shine and make the other room items glow.

I added height to the table arrangement by using large glass hurricanes and pillar candles. These are great because they are functional as well as beautiful. When the sun goes down, you can enjoy a candlelit conversation. 

I think someone is a fan of this space ;) .

You can save up to 30% off Pottery Barn by using code: SAVEMORE this weekend only. My napkins and placemats are from Pottery Barn and linked below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign