Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Chalk Paint Tutorial


My YouTube channel is finally here! Guys - I have been working on video content for a year now. I would film small clips of myself decorating or explaining wine to you, but I eventually deleted them and decided not to share because I thought they were low quality. I finally decided, who really cares if my videos aren't award-worthy? I'm going to film and share them anyways. ;)

I found a dresser on Facebook marketplace for FREE! I was the first person to contact this lovely lady and somehow scored this amazing find! I loved the way it looked when I got it, but the top of the dresser didn't match the original wood, there were paint drops in odd places...overall it needed some love. I decided to chalk paint this piece. 

Ya'll...confession time....this is my very first time using chalk paint. I watched a few videos and read a few articles and decided I wanted to make my own tutorial. Everyone has their own style, and I wanted my paint to look slightly aged and dimensional. 

I started off with two paint colors: an off-white and a light gray. I ended up purchasing a third color that was about 5 shades darker than the gray color, in order to achieve the distressed look I was going for. Once I was finished with my paint, I took a sander to the edges of drawers and the sides of the dresser to, once again, achieve an aged look. In this video tutorial, I will show you how to sand, paint, add dimension, and finish a piece of furniture using chalk paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign