Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2016

Gallery Wall DIY

When I moved from my quaint one-bedroom apartment into my townhouse last year, the furniture I had accumulated only filled two rooms in my new home....walking into the bare rooms made me sad, then angry, and finally ultra-motivated. 

Luckily during that time period, my parents moved and some other family began down-sizing which meant I became the lucky owner of tons of their old stuff...and none of it matched.

Making the furniture work seemed to be the easiest part of decorating, but artwork for my walls has been an entire different story!


I'm sure it has something to do with how picky I can be, or my tiny pocket book, or perhaps a combination of the two, but I've figured out a few savvy ways to create an upscale feel for just around $50 bucks!


When I moved in to my pied-a-terre, I instantly signed up for an Ikea Family card. I am an extreme DIY enthusiast and I love creating the look for less. If you need a few ideas for how to get an expensive gallery wall on the cheap, check out my ideas below:

Ikea Frame / Fashionista print - Hope II / Abstract print - Crescendo / Girly print - Red Rising Sun 1

If you've never heard of minted, I apologize in advance for your next 24-hour binge session. They take beautiful art and photography from people all over the country. Even though they offer a service to add on various frames, I've found that the Ikea option can save you a few bucks per print AND the Ikea frame above comes with a mat whereas the minted ones do not.

Another recent idea I tried was to use abstract painted gift wrap from Paper Source!

They come in 19" x 25" pieces, which means you can create a statement piece for just $8.00!!! I get a ton of compliments on the photo above! I got the frame from Target. You can get it here.

Here are three other great looking gift wraps that would make a beautiful statement piece. 




1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Stahlwandpools

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign