Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2018

Porch Makeover





Recently my husband and I decided to repaint our porch and buy some new items to add the finishing touch on our favorite spot in the house. We entertain outside a lot and wanted out porch to feel cozy and inviting.

SHOP THIS POST


BEFORE

When we moved in the porch floor was painted barn red and the sides were dark tan. No matter how bright it was outside, our porch always felt dark and gloomy to me. I was apprehensive to paint the porch white because I thought it would get dirty so quickly, but decided to try it out anyway. I'm so happy we did!

AFTER


The floor and walls make the space so much brighter and set it apart from the rest of the house. Having a separate color makes the space feel like it stands on it's own, yet the color scheme ties it into the rest of the house.


As a die-hard lover of blue and white, I wanted to add delicate touches to the porch to make it feel pretty and relaxed. Once I found these plates and bowls, the rest of the design fell right into place.




One of my favorite new pieces from the collection is this champagne bucket. In the past I have used a traditional metal bucket, and it 'sweats' like crazy, creating a big puddle on whatever surface I put it on and it ruined a piece of furniture of mine. This new porcelain bucket doesn't let condensation through and holds the ice very well. My ice didn't melt for about 4-5 hours in it. Not to mention, it looks beautiful and has a timeless look.


The first-ever piece of furniture we purchased for our porch was this daybed. The daybed has been a fabulous investment. Everyone who comes over goes right to it and lays down. I'm switching out the pillows this month to match our new dining collection and will be grabbing this blue pillow and this floral one to tie the space together.


Always a fan of candlelight to warm up every spot in my house, I added two these large hurricanes to the table with giant pillar candles. The candles put off a good amount of light and create a very relaxing atmosphere.


We are so happy with all of the updates we have made to the porch. You can find either me or my husband out there and some point during the day relaxing and listening to the little birdies sing in our backyard.

SHOP THIS POST


-EMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign