Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Homemade Green Goddess Salad Dressing

Homemade Green Goddess Salad Dressing


Is there anything better than fresh, homemade salad dressing?


 If you have never made your own dressing, you need to start. It's a little luxury that takes so little time! I've been on a kick recently to make foods from scratch that I usually get from the grocery store. I've been working on homemade breads, pastas, and dressings. I've very weight conscious and have always been somewhat fearful of carbs. Shockingly enough, since making my own breads and pastas, I've lost weight! Hallelujah! I could not believe it.

We have been working in the yard a lot recently. With the summer being so rainy this year, we have seen a ton of growth. I have the dreaded black thumb. It's a shame because I love buying plants. Poor things didn't have chance when I brought them home. The last two months, my plants have been flourishing. Thanks to mother nature, my ferns and herbs are huge now! I guess a little water doesn't hurt, right?

Since I have a bounty of herbs now, I thought that it would only make sense to use them in my kitchen for a new recipe. I was at Panera Bread the other day and tasted their green goddess salad. I'm not usually a fan of green goddess dressing from the store, but this really hit the spot! It tasted so fresh and herb-forward with a large amount of basil. I found myself craving more all week.

Garrett and I love fish. Growing up in Florida, we had so much fresh fish available and my mother never wanted to cook it. She claimed it made the house smell too badly and she didn't know how to cook it well. Why cook it at home when the restaurants cook it for the same price? Not a bad point, I thought. Now living in Georgia, I buy my fish from local grocers where I know it's fresh. 

I brought home salmon and decided I was sick of the normal pairings I make with it. That's where this green goddess dressing was born! I grabbed a heap of herbs from my garden and popped them in my food processor with a little greek yogurt (I have a problem, I know) and mayonnaise. For a kick, I added fresh lemon juice and a lot of garlic. We served it with blackened salmon off the grill, avocado and ciabatta bread. Mmmmm.


Green Goddess Dressing

Preparation: 10 min
                  Cook Time: 0 min  Total Time: 10 min                       

Ingredients
        
          2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
          2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
          2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
          3-4 tsp lemon juice
          8 oz plain greek yogurt
          1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
          2 tsp chopped garlic
          Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions
        
          Mix your herbs in a food processor until well chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until 
          well blended. Use immediately or store for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign