Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

How to: Create the Perfect Gift Basket

Create the Perfect Gift Basket

It's that time in our lives where many of our friends are buying their very first home together. It seems I've been stuck in a rut with what to give our friends, and it's always a bottle of wine. Our friends of course always welcome the bottle with appreciative open arms. 

We are celebrating two months of married bliss this month. While writing our thank you letters, I began reflecting on some of the gifts we were given. Many of the presents were from our registry, and  several were not. It got me thinking about how nice a simple gesture of gift-giving brings such long-lasting joy to people - or at least to me. I've taken the 5 Love Languages quiz, and as you might guess, gift-giving ranked pretty high on my list.

Here are a few chic ideas from fellow bloggers that inspired me:

The Polished and Pink Basket 

{ for Spring, Bridal Shower, etc. }
Girly and practical, this basket is a home run styled by Camille Styles.

The Foodie Farmer's Market Basket 

{ for Fall, Housewarming, etc. }
Colorful and delicious, I love the mini jars of olives and pop of red from the ranunculus.

The Every Girl Basket 

{ for Summer, Bad Breakup, Welcome to the Neighborhood, etc. }
Julie Blanner does it again with this simple and beautiful basket of goodies that would make any girl squeal with joy to receive!

Little House of Chic's Basket

{ for Foodies, Cooks, and Summer gifts }

I just love heirloom tomatoes! They are not only beautiful, but very tasty! Terrain has been one of my new favorite wine finds under $10. You don't have to spend a fortune to make a meaningful, great-looking gift basket. These tomatoes are from our local farmer's market. I paired these items with fresh lavender for a bath, satchel, or to make lavender ice cream. The honey is orange blossom from Bee Cause. I packaged my homemade rosemary bread in a plastic bag and tied it off to keep it fresh. What's more endearing than something homemade as the icing on top?

Make your own:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign