Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Christmas Tree Farm


This year as our first year as a married couple, I was dying to get some great pictures for a Christmas card. Call me corny, but I just love traditional family photos. While most newly married couples use their wedding photos as a Christmas card photo, I wanted something more seasonally appropriate than our summer wedding, so I started doing some research on ideas. Turns out only 30 minutes from our home is a cut-your-own-tree farm! We have a faux tree at home, but I decided visiting the farm would make for some great-looking Christmas photos.



I was so shocked how much fun the farm was! There were miles upon miles of trees, baby lambs and sheep, tractor hayrides, and artisanal foodie finds! We drove up with my brother and sister-in-law and my little nephew.



They sold honey, jams, banana bread and salsa. We tried a little bit of everything. Their pepper jelly was unreal! Have you ever tried pepper jam? It's amazing on top of a block cream cheese with crackers....and how cute are these festive cloth toppers on each jar?



We first tried some quirky ideas for pictures....you can see how well that turned out, ha!




For future reference, scarfs are not recommended in photos where you are on someone's shoulders. Not to mention I was scared for my life climbing on his shoulders with only the ground or the trees to break my fall! After several failed attempts at getting the perfect Christmas card photo, we decided on a simple smile, side-by-side along the rows of trees. I'd say it's a pretty good start for what I hope to be our new annual tradition.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign