Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Deviled Eggs




Brunch is one of my favorite meals. More than going out for brunch, I really enjoy cooking it when we have company. I always set out a mini bloody mary bar, mimosas, and make quiche, my hash brown casserole and these deviled eggs. There's nothing fancy to these. Hey, if a recipe ain't broke, don't fix it.


A few years ago for Easter I attempted making crab-stuffed deviled eggs. They were tasty, but I found myself missing the classic. These deviled eggs are a little creamier in texture than some others I've tried, because I decided to add extra mayo to the recipe. The small amount of vinegar in this recipe gives these eggs the perfect zing.


I like to pipe my filling into my eggs because a) it makes them look nice and b) I have better control over the amount going into each egg rather than scooping heaping dollops into them. I like the perfect ratio of egg to filling: half and half. For garnish, I only used one piece of bacon that I cut into tiny little pieces. I also topped them with a small amount of chives and paprika for a pop of color and added flavor. I hope you enjoy these tasty little treats! Watch them disappear before your eyes. They're addictive.


Classic Deviled Eggs

Preparation:  20 min
                  Cook Time: 15 min  Total Time: 35 min                       

Ingredients
        
          6 large eggs
          1/4 cup + 2 tbsp mayonnaise
          1 tbsp yellow mustard
          1/2 tsp vinegar
          1/4 tsp salt
          Paprika, bacon and chives for garnish

Instructions

          1) Boil eggs as you regularly would. I find the easiest way to do this is to put the eggs in the water and 
               bring the water to a boil. Once the boil is achieved, remove the pot from the heat and cover with a lid. 
               Allow the eggs to sit in the water for 12-14 minutes after. In a bowl of ice water, transfer the eggs and 
               allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Peel and place back into the water until all are peeled. 
               Then remove them from the water and place them on a towel.

          2) Begin halving the eggs, adding the yolks to a bowl or bowl of an electric mixer. Place the whites on the 
                plate you plan to serve them on.

          3) Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and vinegar to the yolk mixture and blend on high for three minutes, 
                or until creamy.

          4) In a pastry bag or ziplock bag, use a large icing tip and pipe mixture into egg whites. 

           5) Top with small pieces of chive and bacon and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign