Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Tuscan White Bean Soup




I'm so excited to welcome soup season! I find myself craving soups and stews over regular meals when it starts to get chilly out. They're great for serving big crowds, too! My new favorite way to serve it up is in these adorable mini stock pots I found at Target. They are surprisingly spacious, keep the soup warm for longer than a bowl because of their cylindrical shape, and they come with a lid, so you can keep it warm as you serve each guest!


I created this recipe after the weekend when I had company come into town and hadn't had an opportunity to run to the store. I actually had all of these ingredients on hand, and wouldn't be surprised if you have the majority of them, too. This recipe is so easy and fast and simple you'll be shocked how decadent it tastes. I made this soup for six adults and there was not a single drop left! I felt bad I didn't have enough for seconds because they wanted another bowl! This soup is hearty, creamy, and super satisfying.

Anytime I make soup, I love to pair it with a crusty bread to give it extra texture. I didn't have any shaved parmesan or asiago cheese on hand, but I think it would go nicely as a garnish or additional ingredient.

Enjoy this soup next to a cozy fire with your fuzzy socks on. You won't be disappointed. ;)


Tuscan White Bean Soup

Serves 6
Preparation:  15 min
                  Cook Time: 20 min  Total Time: 35 min                       

Ingredients
        
          3 cans white Northern beans
          1/4 cup white wine
          3/4 cup chopped white onion
          1 cup chicken broth
          2 tbsp butter
          2 tsp chopped garlic
          2 chopped carrots
          3-5 pieces thick-cut black forest ham, cubed (I ask the butcher to cut it thick, like a holiday ham)
          2 tsp fresh lemon juice
          3 tsp Italian seasoning
          6 sprigs of fresh thyme, remove herb from the stem
          2 tsp garlic powder
          2 tsp onion powder
          5 pieces of bacon
          Salt & Pepper to taste
      

Instructions

1) Begin by cooking the bacon in a large stockpot over medium heat, flipping occasionally until cooked 
     thoroughly. Once finished, place the bacon on a paper towel and discard of the bacon grease.

2) Return your stockpot to the heat and add butter and wine and to deglaze the pot. If there is leftover, thick 
      black residue from the bacon, fish it out with a spoon. Next add the onion cook for 2-3 minutes.

3)  Add the chopped carrots and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. 

4) Pour in the chicken broth, add chopped garlic, and two cans of white beans. Heat for 5-7 minutes.

3) With an immersion blender, puree the soup until creamy. 

4) Add your herbs, ham, lemon juice, and third can of white beans.

5) Season with salt and pepper, and taste. Keep seasoning until your desired flavor is achieved.

6) Serve the soup in mini stock pots or bowls and top with chopped bacon.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign