Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Simple Thanksgiving Tablescape


In years past, I have stuck to traditional hues for Thanksgiving. Orange, brown, and hunter green covered my table and while it looked beautiful, I have really been swooning over light and airy colors. I went grocery shopping for some Thanksgiving food staples and saw these fantastic pumpkins outside. They're such an easy DIY way to create a lovely centerpiece without much fuss.



I've never seen such pretty colors for pumpkins! Ceylon, blue-gray with tints of orange, and creamy white. Nature always surprises me with the colors it can produce. 

This year, I wanted to keep the centerpiece simple and beautiful. I usually use flowers, but this year I decided pumpkins seemed more festive...not to mention they last a lot longer, too!


We are having ten people over this year (I'm exhausted already), so I decided to create place cards for seating arrangements. Perhaps I'm still in a wedding planning frame of mind, but I think it's nice to sit different family members near others you think would have good conversation.


To keep the look from feeling too much like spring, I added warm accents like gold napkin rings and antlers. The antlers are actually ornaments from my Christmas tree. I simply tucked the tree hanger under the pumpkin to hide it. They really give the table a rustic look.


With it being our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, I wanted to integrate something with my new last name. I found these great cocktail napkins to add to our bar cart for drinks. They are so pretty I bought some for Christmas too!




How are you decorating for Thanksgiving?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign