Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Thanksgiving Bar Cart Styling




For years now, I've been looking for a bar cart. Our home has been making the move from ultra traditional to transitional slowly but surely. Two years ago, we both inherited tons of antique furniture from our families. Many of these pieces are timeless and would be extremely expensive for us to buy on our own, but they definitely make the house feel dark which in turn makes it feel small. I've been working on mixing in lighter pieces to try and brighten the place up and give it a more modern look. 


While doing my weekly Target run, I found this great bar cart by Smith & Hawkin on sale! I just love the color of the wood. My original plan was to put it on our back porch because it is so casual looking,  I didn't think it would match our home. After styling it with my Thanksgiving pieces, it fit right in to our dining room and looks beautiful.

This year we needed a self-serve drink area because our usual "bar" set up (our sideboard) will be displaying our desserts.


To give this bright bar cart a fall feel, I added fresh tree branches from the yard, a slab of wood with exposed edges to act as a serving tray for the drinks, and a faux antler. For a pop of color and added flavor, I added cinnamon sticks to glasses of oaky Chardonnay. 


I want my guests to feel comfortable to serve themselves, so I added several bottles of wine, dessert plates, and wine glasses. My brother-in-law always brings his favorite bottle of bourbon to share with the family, so I left the decanter empty to pour it into after he arrives.


I am just swooning over these leaves! I originally planned to put eucalyptus sprigs in the vase but then changed my mind when I realized it needed more color. I love neutral fall decor, but to truly feel like the season, I still enjoy adding small pops of color.

What are you adding to your bar cart for fall?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign