Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fall Home Tour


Some seasons are worth decorating the house for. Lucky for us, we live in a part of the country where fall really shines. The weather might not always cooperate, but the foliage around Georgia in the fall is absolutely beautiful. 

One goal of mine this season was to set up a fire pit sitting area. We live on about an acre, so we have a lot of yard to utilize. My father-in-law surprised us while we were out of town and purchased a black fire pit for our yard. I was thrilled! I had been shopping for one, and considered buying copper for the beautiful color, but after reading several negative reviews, decided black would be the best option for us. I have enough home maintenance as is, and I didn't want to add anything more to my list!


It can get really intimidating browsing Pinterest and seeing a catalogue of over-the-top, gorgeous fall decorations. It's enough pressure as-is to host fall parties or Thanksgiving without shopping and styling your home on top of it all. One easy way to give your home fall charm is using items you already have on hand. Use a cozy blanket and pillows to put on outdoor benches, chairs, or outdoor dining sets.


I scored when our grocery store had a 2-for-1 special on heirloom pumpkins. The great thing about the pumpkins is that I can repurpose them to my sideboard for Thanksgiving! I added the two to my front door step for now and placed a mum in a basket I already owned. To protect the basket, I placed two grocery bags under the plastic container the mum came in and some newspaper around the sides. I found a battery-operated candle at HomeGoods to put in my copper lanterns. It came with a timer, so I set the candle to come on at 6:00 pm when the sun starts to set and go off at 10:30 pm so I don't waste the battery. This has been great for a mindless way to add instant charm to your front door each evening!


This year for Halloween, my husband and I went as Bob Ross and his "happy little tree." It was a hit! As part of my costume, I purchased the garland that is now on my mantle. I highly recommend waiting until the days leading up to Halloween to purchase any fall decor at Michaels because they slash the prices. I got this pretty garland for just $4.00.  



Eucalyptus leaves are great for making a simple and easy garland for your table. I just placed a few branches down my table and added a couple of mini white pumpkins and the table instantly transformed. I found these branches at Trader Joe's (gosh, I love them) for only $2.00. I plan to use these for my Thanksgiving centerpiece as well. 

A few simple additions can make a huge impact! Remember that you don't have to go above and beyond to achieve a cozy, well-decorated fall home. If you don't want to shop for items, forage your neighborhood for magnolia leaves, maples, and pinecones to decorate with! These natural beauties will do the work for you.



P.S.

Here was our costume...HA!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks admin for sharing this useful information. all of us needs dental care, this can help us a lot. dental care by these package of essential basic oral health care is needed. Visit Website

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Little House of Chic. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign